Asphalt moisture content tester
ASTM D95, AASHTO T55, ASTM D24.4
This tester is used to test the moisture content of petroleum asphalt, coal asphalt, or asphalt emulsion.
The asphalt moisture content tester is comprised of below parts:
1. glass flask, made of hardened glass, round bottle, short neck, dia. 100mm, volume 500ml
2. water receiver
3. condenser tube: straight type, I.D 10mm±1mm, length 350-400mm, end inclinded cutting, sleeve tube dia. 40-50mm, length 250-300mm.
Auxiliary equipments for moisture content test
1. Metal frame attached with metal ring and clamp
2. Measuring cylinder 1mm resolution
3. Electric scale resolution 0.1g
4. Electric heater with temperature controller
5. Asbestosed wire gauze
6. Solvent: methylbenzene or xylene methylbenzene mixture(by volume 80:20), industrial pure
7. Others: glass capillary(one end sealed)or dried non-glazed tile, glass rod with rubber head.